Artistar Jewels is an annual project born in 2012, through which the contemporary jewel is promoted internationally. An important showcase for established artists and a springboard for emerging artists. The goal is to create important commercial networks for all the creative people taking part in the project.
Every year more than 100 international artists are selected to whom high visibility is guaranteed thanks to several initiatives.
- All the selected creations are published in the homonymous book Artistar Jewels, distributed in all Italian bookshops and in the major European cities. The volume is also sent to 5000 major contacts worldwide; buyers, gallery owners, luxury boutiques, fashion stylists, will be able to choose the artists and jewels of their own interest.
- All the jewels published in the book are displayed in an exhibition set up in a prestigious location in Milan. The exhibition is organized during the Milano Jewelry Week, the new week of the Milanese schedule entirely dedicated to the jewelry world.
- Artistar Jewels also makes available to all artists the online sales channel artistarjewels.com through which each participant can market their jewels all over the world.
- A jury of experts will select some jewels / artists who will receive important awards; the selected will also participate in various initiatives including exhibitions, fairs and exhibitions in galleries around the world.
- The event takes place from the 24th to the 27th of October 2019, for the first time during the Milano Jewelry Week. The city will be surrounded by an uniqueness and artistic flair, welcoming the major exponents of this field from all over the world. International jewelry galleries, boutiques, ateliers and laboratories will animate the Fashion Capital in a calendar of events aimed at involving visitors in a unique experience full of quality contents.
The exhibition takes place in a prestigious location in the heart of Milan from 24 to 27 October 2019 during the Milano Jewelry Week. Artistar Jewels will represent the heart of the Milano Jewelry Week, exhibiting the creations of over 150 artists and designers who share the same dedication and mastery in gold and creative art.
The book is an additional tool for promotion. It guarantees that all the contents of the exhibition can continue spreading throughout the world over the time. The volume is distributed in Italian bookstores and in the major European cities, also shipped worldwide to over 5000 concept stores, galleries, personal shoppers, boutiques and journalists. To each artist is dedicated space for the images and descriptions of the jewels, the biography and the contacts. In this way both the enthusiasts (potential customers) and those working in the sector can directly contact the artist for purchases or collaborations.
The commercial network of Artistar Jewels expands all over the world. Through partnerships and synergies born with several commercial realities, concept stores and galleries, Artistar Jewels gives the chance to all the artists to have their own pieces on sale in physical points of sale across the globe. Partners can choose the artists and brands they want to collaborate with.The goal is to cross national borders and thus expand their business.
All the jewels presented in the exhibition and in the book are put on sale on the e-commerce website www.artistarjewels.com. Through the online shop all the participants can find a great number of customers and reach the most suitable target for a particular type of product such as the contemporary jewelry. The web is a perfect world for making contacts all over the world, 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.
Artistar Jewels press office deals with the dissemination of the entire project for 12 months. It draws up and spread press releases related to the initiative, provides graphic and textual material to magazinesto publish editorials, dividing the images by themes (eg Design, Art, Innovation, Green, Fashion and Precious) in order to facilitate the consultation by journalists. Each participant is supported throughout the year receiving help in managing contacts with the press. Moreover, in the press area of our website all the downloadable content, photos, captions and press review are included. In the previous edition, over 250 editorials were published in important magazines all over the world.
TO READ THE PRESS REVIEW 2019 CLICK HERE
The web is now an essential showcase for promotion and Artistar Jewels makes use of the social networks, in particular Facebook and Instagram to increase the dissemination of the project and to present the artists to groups of followers specific to the sector. An editorial and social plan is drawn up adopting various communication strategies such as: creating suspense of the event with the creation of patches containing the selected jewels, publication on the portal of news related to the artists and collaboration with international influencers with whom Artistar Jewels has been interacting for years.
Every year Artistar Jewels is partnering with excellent international magazines. The presence of the project within distinguished communication means, makes sure that all contents arrive directly to a large number of readers, increasing the notoriety and prestige of its participants. Over the years, Artistar Jewels has taken advantage of the collaboration of online and paper magazines such as:
In the jewelry’s world, the image has always played a fundamental role: it’s the first element that represents and transmits the quality of the product and the uniqueness of the creation. Professional photos are important for an immediate selection by the press that almost always gives space to professionally photographed items. All the shots made for the publication are taken by a photographer specialized in fashion & jewels and the photos are given to each participant who can use them for personal disclosure.
Thanks to the brand image that Artistar Jewels has developed over the years, the selected jewels that participate in the project have become synonymous with quality and innovation. Several international organizations have chosen to involve Artistar Jewels in initiatives related to the field. These synergies led to collaborations that resulted in an exchange of opportunities for all the actors involved. Every year, Artistar Jewels assigns important awards in collaboration with influential entities in the sector.
To participate in the selection of Artistar Jewels 2019 Fall Edition you must send the material specified below via WETRANSFER at email@example.com BEFORE 19 JULY 2019.
It is possible to participate in Artistar Jewels with 2,4,6,8,10 jewels.
- Website, e-mail address, phone number
- The number of jewels you want to participate with (2, 4, 6, 8, 10)
- Photos of the creations you want to have involved in the project, possibly on a white background OR on a professional model
- All information on the pieces, materials, techniques, etc.
- Unique pieces or small series
- Jewels with a recognizable style and a strong communicative impact
- Creations made with traditional materials and / or reinterpreted in an original way or research jewels created with innovative and / or recycled materials.
1. The Artistar Jewels team will contact the artists communicating the result of the selection
2. The artist must communicate with how many jewels he/she is participating in the project (2,4,6,8,10)
3. The artists who pass the selection will receive the participation contract that they will have to sign and send to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
4. At the time of signing the contract it will be necessary to pay the participation fee (bank details within the contract)
5. Within 20 days from the signing of the contract it is necessary to fill in and send the forms available for download at the following link: FORMS (modules related to the publication of the artist's information within the book and the ecommerce website).
6. All the selected creations must be shipped to the Artistar Jewels office at the following address: Prodes Italia Srl / Via Sansovino, 6 / 20133, Milan / Italy. (Sending the jewels is necessary for the realization of the photo shoot. If you want to use your own photos, Artistar Jewels reserves the right to verify that the images comply with the established graphic parameters).
Different interpretations, different conceptions of the jewel, therefore in the whole interesting because the works have not been chosen according to trends, tendencies, modalities etc. A project that includes works that are difficult to classify, very different from each other and this is what has convinced me the most. More than a jewel in particular I was surprised by the numerous processing methods. Artistar Jewels is a window open to other worlds in which those who conceive jewels will be able to look out.
The pieces were worthy of interest for the fusion of styles and materials. Each one in its uniqueness attracted attention for the particularity, inspiration, conceptuality, innovation and for this they were selected for Artistar Jewels. An event that grows year by year and offers great visibility. Participating is always a challenge with ourselves but also an opportunity to get in touch with other artists, the possibility of new collaborations and participation in exhibitions in galleries and international events. This is the aim of Artistar Jewels, a project to promote author jewels.
I took part a few years ago in Artistar Jewels but, I must say, the 2018 edition was really interesting and full of innovative proposals with the aim of giving space to a new and original concept of contemporary jewelry. The personal interpretation, the great creative capacity and the vision of each artist always amaze and fascinate me. What pushed me to participate in the 2018 edition was the enhancement that has been given to contemporary jewelery since the premises. I was very interested in the opportunity to participate in a contest that, to those who have been selected, will offer the opportunity to present their work in prestigious areas.
If I had to choose three words to describe the project Artistar Jewels project I would surely use innovative, exciting and Italian! The jewels on show were very fascinating. They were not only made of metal, gold and silver but they put anso a lot of stuff made of exciting materials. The atmosphere during the two night was familiar and casual. I had the chance to make some very interesting talks and contacts. I would recommend for sure to take part in the project. Even if you don't win is a great expetrience. They convinced me simply with the words "Milano Jewelry Week".
The jewels in the show were very different from each other, unique. Some of them were unwearable. The exhibition alltogether was fascinating and it challenged the viewer’s expectations. I was fascinated by many artists and techniques, in particular I loved Shahpari Sohaei’s work. During the two nights the atmospheere was welcoming, inclusive, inspiring and supportive. The location gave the maximum exposure. Meeting other designers was awesome but also the Artistar staff were fabulous. I would for sure reccomend it. I learn to be more visible, to make big and bold pieces even if they are unsaleable on a daily basis.
To describe the project I would opt for creative, contemporary and international! The jewelry were creative and it was great seeing different artists using several materials. It is important to see how jewelries can be sustainable with recycled and non precious material. My favorite piece was "Alice" by Katy Tromans. The two night organized were glamourous and interactive. I met many artists coming from all over the world. There are not many events promoting international contemporary jewelry artists. It was an honor to be accepted and got a chance to show case my pieces. I definetly recommend it.