Artistar Jewels is a project by Prodes Italia group, that has been working for years in the high jewellery, design and contemporary art fields.
Artistar Jewels is the international reference point for all contemporary jewelry artists and designers. The project, one of a kind, offers each participant great business opportunities by placing the artists within the reference market.
Both emerging and more established artists will be able to count on improving their brand reputation. The great participation of international media, guarantees high visibility in the sector. These conditions set the right foundation for an expansion of the artist sales network and in addition, every single jewel selected will be available to the public for purchase.
Artistar Jewels is not comparable to a trade fair, an editorial publication or an e-commerce. Artistar Jewels is a global and transversal project that uses several complementary strategies, useful for an optimal disclosure of the creativity of each artist.
- Exhibition event during the Fashion Week from 19 to 24 February 2019 at an exclusive location in Milan
- Publication of the selected jewels in the Artistar Jewels 2019 volume
- International distribution of the volume (European bookshops)
- Free delivery of 1000 volumes to buyers, galleries and international journalists (Extract from the complete list)
- Digitization of the book
- Free electronic e-book sending to over 4000 buyers, galleries and international journalists
- Free delivery of the book to all the participants
- Exclusive discount for participants on the purchase of additional copies
- Sale of the jewels on the online shop www.artistarjewels.com
- Participation in the Awards and Book Presentation Night
- Participation in the Artists and Journalists Night
- Inclusion of selected jewels in the worldwide network of sales points (galleries and concept stores) (selection by sales points)
- Photo shoot of the jewels and sending of the professional photos to the participants
- Press Office for the promotion of the initiative for one year
- Press office support for each participant
- Editorial / social plan and communication strategies for the whole initiative
- Web and social dissemination of the contents of each artist
- Selection of 10 artists who will win various prizes and awards; the selection will be curated by a Jury made up of distinguished personalities of the sector
editions already realized and the fourth in progress
events organized in Italy
selling shops in Italy and Europe
available for purchase online on IBS, Amazon, Feltrinelli.it, Unilibro.it
contacted international buyers
Different interpretations, different conceptions of the jewel, therefore in the whole interesting because the works have not been chosen according to trends, tendencies, modalities etc. A project that includes works that are difficult to classify, very different from each other and this is what has convinced me the most. More than a jewel in particular I was surprised by the numerous processing methods. Artistar Jewels is a window open to other worlds in which those who conceive jewels will be able to look out.
The pieces were worthy of interest for the fusion of styles and materials. Each one in its uniqueness attracted attention for the particularity, inspiration, conceptuality, innovation and for this they were selected for Artistar Jewels. An event that grows year by year and offers great visibility. Participating is always a challenge with ourselves but also an opportunity to get in touch with other artists, the possibility of new collaborations and participation in exhibitions in galleries and international events. This is the aim of Artistar Jewels, a project to promote author jewels.
I took part a few years ago in Artistar Jewels but, I must say, the 2018 edition was really interesting and full of innovative proposals with the aim of giving space to a new and original concept of contemporary jewelry. The personal interpretation, the great creative capacity and the vision of each artist always amaze and fascinate me. What pushed me to participate in the 2018 edition was the enhancement that has been given to contemporary jewelery since the premises. I was very interested in the opportunity to participate in a contest that, to those who have been selected, will offer the opportunity to present their work in prestigious areas.
If I had to choose three words to describe the project Artistar Jewels project I would surely use innovative, exciting and Italian! The jewels on show were very fascinating. They were not only made of metal, gold and silver but they put anso a lot of stuff made of exciting materials. The atmosphere during the two night was familiar and casual. I had the chance to make some very interesting talks and contacts. I would recommend for sure to take part in the project. Even if you don't win is a great expetrience. They convinced me simply with the words "Milano Fashion Week".
The jewels in the show were very different from each other, unique. Some of them were unwearable. The exhibition alltogether was fascinating and it challenged the viewer’s expectations. I was fascinated by many artists and techniques, in particular I loved Shahpari Sohaei’s work. During the two nights the atmospheere was welcoming, inclusive, inspiring and supportive. The location gave the maximum exposure. Meeting other designers was awesome but also the Artistar staff were fabulous. I would for sure reccomend it. I learn to be more visible, to make big and bold pieces even if they are unsaleable on a daily basis.
To describe the project I would opt for creative, contemporary and international! The jewelry were creative and it was great seeing different artists using several materials. It is important to see how jewelries can be sustainable with recycled and non precious material. My favorite piece was "Alice" by Katy Tromans. The two night organized were glamourous and interactive. I met many artists coming from all over the world. There are not many events promoting international contemporary jewelry artists. It was an honor to be accepted and got a chance to show case my pieces. I definetly recommend it.
+39 02 3658 0208
Via Sansovino 6 20133 Milan